A project of Youth Central’s Mayor’s Youth Council, related to the Mayor’s Civic Engagement Committee’s 3 Things for Calgary Initiative (http://www.3thingsforcalgary.ca/), the Mayor for a Day essay contest is about you and your three ideas that you would implement to make Calgary an even better place to live.
Write an essay, 1,000 word limit, talking about your three ideas to make Calgary an even better place to live and why you feel they will benefit our city based on our guidelines below. All essay submissions must be completed in the Mayor for a Day Submission Form (please find below).
Submit it to email@example.com or Youth Central, Mayor’s Youth Council Program Coordinator, #820, 105 12 Ave. SE, T2G 1A1
The selected essay writer will receive a chance to spend time with Mayor Nenshi and City of Calgary administration, along with the opportunity to discuss further one of their three ideas with appropriate City of Calgary staff.
** Open only to youth Grades 6 – 9**
THE DEADLINE FOR THE MAYOR FOR A DAY CONTEST HAS NOW PASSED.
Congratulations to Brittany Hermawan, the 2013 Mayor for a Day!
General Essay Guidelines:
- Who are you?
- What are you passionate about?
- Three paragraphs each detailing one of your 3 Things
- Re-state your three ideas
- Talk about its relation to youth
- Don’t bring any new information; this should be short and concise.
1. Entries will be accepted starting Jan 21, 2013 to April 1, 2013 at 4 p.m. Entries may be faxed, mailed, or emailed to Youth Central.
2. Entrants may only be in Grades 6 – 9 and residents of the City of Calgary.
3. A preliminary review of essays will be completed by Youth Central to ensure application completeness. Final judging will be done by members of the Mayor’s Youth Council and Mayor Nenshi.
4. One entry will be selected as Mayor for the Day. The winner will not have the legal authority of the Mayor, but will have the opportunity to spend time with the Mayor, and City of Calgary Administration.
5. Entries become the property of Youth Central and will not be returned.
To get involved or for more information, contact: Ros Doi, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org