Youth Central works with over 1,400 young people to contribute more than 32,000 volunteer hours to the Calgary Community through collaborating organizations. To see a list of our collaborating organizations, click here.
In order to fulfil your request for Youth Central’s youth volunteers we ask that your non-profit or charitable organization become a collaborating organization. Collaborating organizations can submit unlimited group volunteer requests through the Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) Program (Youth Central requires advance notification of all volunteer requests; projects are subject to approval). We post the opportunity on our database and recruit the volunteers for you. We will also assign a Youth Central staff member (referred to as a Team Leader) who will be responsible for the Youth Central volunteers during the shift but also act as your liaison to ensure all required information is passed along to the volunteers in advance.
If you are not a collaborating organization, please fill out the proposal and we will follow-up, requesting that you become a collaborating organization.
Becoming a collaborating organization includes an annual fee based upon an organization’s annual operating budget.
- Budgets less than $250,000/year: $50.00/year
- Budgets between $250,000 – $500,000/year: $100/year
- Budgets over $500,000/year: $150/year
NOTES FOR FILLING OUT THE PROJECT PROPOSAL
1. The full project proposal must be submitted at once. To ensure your work isn’t lost, please save a copy elsewhere. If after clicking the submit button you are redirected to a Thank You for Submitting page, we have received your proposal. If you do not see that page, we haven’t received your submission, so please try again.
2. Ideally agencies will submit all project proposals a MINIMUM of 4 WEEKS prior to your project.
3. Please ensure your project utilizes at least 8 youth volunteers.
4. Our volunteer base is diverse and our projects must be inclusive as well, as we don’t want to exclude anyone from participating.